Truth rating: 10
6:53 pm, September 30th, 2012
The man who allegedly assaulted Lindsay Lohan in a New York hotel room on Sunday morning is no longer facing charges, the police confirm to Gossip Cop.
He was initially charged with assault and harassment after being apprehended by police.
But the NYPD now tells Gossip Cop that LaBella also filed an harassment complaint against Lohan, and neither will be prosecuted.
“We took a report from each of them alleging harassment, which is a violation,” a spokesman tells us, adding, “Neither one of them will be arrested for that.”
As for why the assault charge was dropped, we’re told that “the investigation revealed the incident did not rise to the level of assault, so that charge was dropped.”
As Gossip Cop reported earlier, Lohan claimed she invited the 25-year-old stranger back to her room at the W Hotel with a group of others.
At a certain point, we’re told the two had an argument over photos LaBella took of Lohan on his cell phone, and when she tried to grab his phone, the suspect allegedly threw the actress on a bed, leaving her with scratches.
Lohan told the cops after that LaBella choked her and pushed her to the ground.
A friend of hers came to her aid, and Lohan then pulled a fire alarm for help, prompting LaBella to flee down the hotel’s stairs.
Lohan’s rep told us earlier that while “she did sustain some injuries, she was not hospitalized.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!