Never Drink Gasoline And Then Smoke A Cigarette

Let's all learn from this man's horrible mistake.

According to the Shelby Star:

Gary Allen Banning, 43, died at 5:53 a.m. Tuesday at the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill after the incident Monday night, according to Havelock police.

A series of different events Monday led to Banning’s death. Earlier in the day, Banning accidentally drank from a jar that contained gasoline and spit it out, getting it on his clothes, according to Havelock police. He did not change his clothes, and later in the evening went to light a cigarette, catching his clothes and himself on fire.

“It was just a freak incident,” said W.K. Preslar, investigator with the Havelock Police Department.


BuzzFeed - Latest